The purpose of the Sporting Competitions Access Fund (the Fund) is to provide assistance to athletes with disability, enabling them to compete in national or international sporting competitions and allowing them to excel in their chosen sport at the highest possible level.
- Grants are available to support Tasmanian athletes with disability and their coaches and/or carers, competing at national or international level competition, held in Australia or overseas.
- Grants for national level selection competitions or selection camps will also be considered. The sport must be recognised by Sport Australia.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate their selection for the event is based on merit and is fully endorsed by the relevant state or national sporting organisation.
- Funding from all sources should be detailed and attached to the application.
- Applications must be received six weeks before departure for the competition.
- Athletes in receipt of Tasmanian Institute of Sport scholarship funding are not eligible to apply.
- Eligible costs covered by the Fund include competition registration fees, travel and accommodation for the athlete, carer and/or coach.
The Fund is open each financial year until 31 May or until available funds are exhausted. Applications will be assessed on a ‘first-in’ basis. Total funding available in 2020-21 is $100 000.
There are two available tiers of funding:
- Tier one: An individual applicant can apply for grants of up to $3 000 to support an athlete, their coach, and/or carer to attend the same national or international competition; or
- Tier two: An individual applicant can apply for grants of up to $1 500 to support an athlete, their coach, and/or carer to attend the same national or international qualifying event or selection camp.
In the case of four or more separate applications made for one event, total funding will be limited to $10 000 for that event. The funds will be divided between the successful applicants.
Applicants may be eligible for up to two grants per financial year.
Guidelines and application forms are available at www.communities.tas.gov.au/csr/Grants/sporting-competitions-access-fund-2020-21
For further information, please contact Communities, Sport and Recreation by emailing email@example.com or phoning on 1800 252 476.