Congratulations to all the workers and businesses from across Tasmania who were honoured for their outstanding contributions to work health and safety at the 23rd WorkSafe Tasmania Awards.
Their commitment and passion has made a difference in the community and ensured safer and healthier workplaces, leading to more people getting home safely to their families.
As a Government, we are committed to workplace safety and it’s fantastic to see individuals, small businesses and large organisations finding solutions to make their workplaces safer and healthier.
The WorkSafe Tasmania Awards showcase excellence in workplace safety solutions, innovations and systems across the State, and are a celebration of what can be achieved to reduce workplace incidents and deaths.
The 2021 WorkSafe Tasmania Awards winners are:
- Excellence in work health and safety systems – MechLog;
- Excellence in implementing a work health and safety solution in a large business – Temtrol Technologies Pty Ltd;
- Excellence in implementing a work health and safety solution in a small business – Sealasash Window Renewal System Pty Ltd;
- Excellence in work health and safety culture in a large business – Mondelez Australia Pty Limited;
- Excellence in work health and safety culture in a small business – Harvest Farms;
- Excellence in contributions to work health and safety – Martyn Bradfield from SafetyCircle Pty Ltd;
- Excellence achieved by a health and safety representative – Damien Granger from Wrest Point Hotel Casino;
- Excellence in injury management – QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited;
- Excellence in an individual’s contribution to injury management – Angela McLean from The Procare Group Pty Ltd;
- Excellence in a workplace health and wellbeing initiative – Bell Bay Aluminium;
- Excellence in a workplace response to COVID-19 in large business – The Blueline Laundry Inc;
- Excellence in a workplace response to COVID-19 in large business – Rural Youth Organisation of Tasmania Inc; and
- Leadership Excellence Award – Temtrol Technologies Pty Ltd.
To find out more about the winners, highly commended entrants and finalists go to www.worksafe.tas.gov.au/awards
Elise Archer, Minister for Workplace Safety and Consumer Affairs